Baader AstroSolar Safety Film OD 5.0
- AstroSolar® Safety Film 5.0 for solar observation and photography at high magnification, telescope quality, Optical Density (OD) = 5.0
- Safe for visual solar observation (with additional optics) and imaging
- This highest precision film consistently produces strehl ratios of 94 to 96 percent at interferometric tests – thus it performs optically like a Fluorite Triplet Lens by Carl Zeiss or Astro Physics
- AstroSolar Safety Film is best suited for precision work with all astronomical telescopes and binoculars – just as well as for all photographic camera- and tele-lenses
- For more than 25 years on the market, the only film-material made to not deteriorate the optical wavefront, it does allow to attain high magnification with any long-range optics without reducing sharpness or contrast of the solar surface.
- Size :
- 100cm x 50cm ( 40″x 20″)
- A4-Size: 20cm x 29cm ( 8″x 12″)
- ECO-Size: 140mm x 150mm ( 10″x 20″)
- Giant-Size: 117cm x 117cm ( 46″x 46″)
Before you start exploring the sun it is very important to be informed about all the possible risks of solar observation.
In this section you will learn how to protect your eyes and how to prevent accidents.