Daystar Combo Quark Prominence H-alpha Filter
The Daystar Combo Quark Prominence H-alpha Filter marries high quality components of adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar* at an affordable price.
Quark* is available in a choice of “prominence” or “chromosphere”.
Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK* assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose for WIDER prominences with a little surface or MORE surface contrast (Chromosphere) and narrower prominences. Both are available for the same low price!
- For use on SCTs, Maks, or refractors of F/15 to F/30. The user needn’t worry about configurations. Just insert Quark in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view.
- SCT and Mak users need to purchase an Energy Rejection Filter specific to their telescope for safe operation.
- SCT owners must employ a front mount, off-axis, aperture reduced Energy Rejection Filter (ERF) in order to achieve optimum performance. This front mount ERF will generate a slower focal ratio through aperture reduction while preventing heat build-up in the optical tube assembly.
- Maktsutov owners who operate at a native ~F/15 focal ratio do not need to reduce the aperture of the telescope, but must use front mount energy rejection to prevent overheating of the optical tube assembly.
- Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominences or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Either model are available for the same price of $1,195.00
- Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price! The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It’s all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device.
- The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs.
- Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off an optional small, palm-sized battery pack.
- Not for use with full aperture SCTs, or damage to your secondary mirror may result. SCTs must use an off axis ERF, sold separately.
*The QUARK* assembly is a product of DayStar Instruments, using DayStar Filters’ Fabry Perot etalon technology.
- Front, male1.25″ eyepiece snout with safety indent slots directly into your diagonal or focuser
- Includes 2° off axis 1.25″ snout adapter for use with off axis SCT and Mak ERFs.
- Standard rear female 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2″ accessories available.
- Brass compression ring to protect your eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Ã with detents at every 0.1Å LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- 5 year warranty
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 21mm clear filter aperture.
- No barlow lenses or focusing elements included. This unit is a 0-power filter only.
- Best performance with F/15 – F/30 refractors or Mak’s full aperture; or SCTs and Maks with off axis, aperture reduced ERF.
- Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~1800mm focal length
- No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views.
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack available.