Daystar Quark Chromosphere for Questar H-alpha Filter
The Daystar Quark Chromosphere for Questar H-alpha Filter is for use on 3.5″ Classic QUESTAR Maktsutov telescopes. The user needn’t worry about configurations. Just thread the QUESTAR Quark in either port, add an eyepiece and view.
- QUESTAR users need to purchase an Energy Rejection Filter specific to their telescope for safe operation.
- Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominences or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated.
- Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price! The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It’s all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device.
- The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs.
- Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off an optional small, palm-sized battery pack.
- Not for use with full aperture SCTs, or damage to your secondary mirror may result. SCTs must use an off axis ERF, sold separately.
Quark* is available in a choice of “prominence” or “chromosphere”.
Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK* assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose fore WIDER prominences with a little surface or MORE surface contrast (Chromosphere) and narrower prominences. Both are available for the same low price!
- Front, male combo threaded eyepiece snout with 2 unique mating threads specifically matched to the QUESTAR axial and rear ports.
- QUESTAR Quark can come to focus in the axial port with or without the barlow magnification lens engaged.
- Brass compression ring to protect your eyepiece. Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
- Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
- Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Ã with detents at every 0.1Å LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault.
- 5 year warranty
- Integrated 25mm blocking filter, 21mm clear filter aperture.
- No barlow lenses or focusing elements included. This unit is a 0-power filter only.
- Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
- Optional 8-hour battery pack and 2″ female eyepiece adapter are available.