Software Bisque Paramount Taurus Model 400 Equatorial Fork Mount
The Software Bisque Paramount Taurus Model 400 is an ultra- precision equatorial form mount that is designed to deliver unmatched pointing, tracking and stability for amateur or professional astronomers in permanent installations. Taurus Model 400 carries 17-inch (0.4 m) OTAs weighing up to 150 pounds (70 kg). These precision mechanics, when commanded by TheSkyX Professional Edition, create a formidable imaging system that can help you achieve your most lofty observing goals.
- The equatorial fork design offers through-the-meridian tracking.
- All mechanical components are manufactured and assembled in Golden, Colorado, USA.
The only non-metal components are the worm block adjustment access hole covers, DelrinTM washers on the altitude axis retaining knobs, and the knob on the end of the hand paddle’s joystick.
- USB PC-to-mount interface for
high-speed communication with TheSkyX Professional Edition
- LED and audible feedback for startup, homing, and error conditions
- Integrated internal wiring for all mount electronics
- Two-port USB hub on the Instrument Panel (near your equipment)
- Tracking and “in-progress slews” are immediately stopped in the event the mount’s payload encounters a fixed object, such as the side of the pier
- Field-upgradable firmware
- Hand controller features an integrated mini-joystick controller and configurable five- position rate switch that allows single-handed mount control, an integrated bright red LED flashlight, a “hang anywhere” cable loop and 15-foot coiled hand paddle-to-mount cable
- For mounts without on-axis absolute encoders, programmable periodic error correction with periodic error curve fitting included with TheSkyX Professional Edition
- Built-in ‘ST-4 standard’ autoguider port on the Instrument Panel.
- Temperature-compensated internal oscillator precise to better than one part in 10 million to ensure accurate tracking rates over a wide temperature range
- Built-in temperature sensor that allows the slew rate to be automatically reduced when the temperature drops
- Soft “reboot” capability. This means that the control system can be restarted through software and does not have to be manually turned off, then on
- All moving parts are on bearing surfaces and provide reliable operation that is suitable for all- night, every-clear-night use.
- Fast slew speeds and consistent torque at all slew rates. Though good balance is always recommended, the Paramount can slew or track several foot- pounds out of balance. You’ll spend less time fiddling with the telescope and more time acquiring data.
- FEA designed with sintered Neodymium-Iron-Boron permanent magnet (no plastic) for optimal performance.
- Optimized thermal design meets continuous high-torque demands.
- Smooth rotation and quiet operation.
- A built-in red LED on the hand paddle doubles as a flashlight that can be helpful during nightly setup tasks.
- Built-in cable conduits allow additional custom cables to be routed through the mount and up the fork arms.
- The built-in WiSky control module allows the Paramount to be controlled wirelessly from an Internet-ready computer and TheSkyX Professional Edition, or with an iPhone or iPad running TheSky for iOS.