Tele Vue DIOPTRX Astigmatism Corrector
DIOPTRX is in good condition. Looks like it has never been used.
Your telescope’s focuser is used to compensate for your near- or far-sightedness; DIOPTRX™ compensates for your astigmatism. These units attach and lock onto the tops of over 20 long eye-relief Tele Vue eyepieces to achieve the sharpest full-field viewing possible.
- You’re more likely to see a sharper, higher contrast image, because:
- The Dioptrx is always completely aligned to the eyepiece optics, eliminating aberrations from a decentered mismatch of eyeglass power and astigmatic axis.
- Dioptrx can be rotated to exactly compensate for the astigmatic axis angle in real time, since both head angle and age can vary your eyesight astigmatic angle.
- Dioptrx likely has better multi-coatings than eyeglasses, and certainly is better in transmission and reflection reduction than uncoated eyeglass.
- Dioptrx is more likely to be cleaner than eyeglasses, which may have scratches and smudges from constant use and wear and tear.
- Dioptrx allows seeing your normal maximum contrast that eyeglasses can diminish (remove your eyeglasses and see how contrast improves in normal vision).