The elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability, and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the Flextube Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces (optical tube and rocker box) that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening and even after being collapsed! The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards. The patented Freedom Find dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
The Flextube SynScan series seamlessly combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the performance and precision of a computerized GoTo telescope all to help you in your quest for big aperture views.
- Large 254mm aperture delivers dazzling views, 1200mm focal length, f/4.7 focal ratio
- Built-in Wi-Fi telescope control
- Innovative collapsible design for portability, storage, and back focus for astrophotography all while retaining collimation
- 1275x more light-gathering power than the human eye
- Patented Freedom Find™ technology uses dual encoders to allow manual control while retaining alignment
- Patented tension control handle allows for precise slewing and maximum stability
- Parabolic primary mirror with Radiant™ Aluminum Quartz (RAQ™) coating for 94% light reflectivity
- Heavy-duty rocker box with Teflon™ bearings provide a stable base with smooth motion
- 2-inch single-speed Crayford-style focuser with 1.25-inch adapter allows for use of nearly any eyepiece
- 9x50 straight-through finderscope, 10 and 25mm 4-element 1.25-inch Plössl eyepieces, and SynScan hand controller with 42,000+ object database included