Celestron Advanced VX Mount and Tripod
The Advanced VX (AVX) sets a standard in mid-level telescopes, providing many of the features found on Celestron’s most sophisticated German equatorial mounts at an extremely affordable price. The Advanced VX mount is designed to provide superior performance for smaller telescopes while taking advantage of Celestron’s most advanced technologies: All-Star Polar Alignment, Celestron PWI telescope control software, SkyAlign, and permanently programmable periodic error correction (PPEC).
If you’re an experienced imager, you’ll love taking this portable mount to a dark sky site and enjoying all the conveniences of a larger observatory mount. Or, if you’re new to imaging, Advanced VX will help you get started with the hobby and keep up with your needs for years to come.
Computerized German equatorial mount
The Advanced VX is the smallest of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts. The computerized GoTo capability automatically tracks objects as they move across the night sky. The Advanced VX mount includes ports for a hand control, an autoguider, and 2 AUX ports for optional accessories. The NexStar+ hand control gives you instant access to all the functions your mount has to offer. With automatic slewing and menu descriptions, any level of astronomer can master this mount in just a few observing sessions. The Advanced VX also has an impressive tripod for its class with a 2” diameter steel tripod legs providing an extra-wide stance for improved stability.
The payload capacity for the Advanced VX is 30 lb. It offers a sturdy platform for any of the Advanced VX optical tubes, even when paired with optional accessories like StarSense AutoAlign, Focus Motor, a finderscope, and a camera. Celestron's payload capacity does not include the weight of the counterweights.
Dual saddle plate
As of early 2019, Advanced VX mounts include a dual saddle plate that accommodates both CG-5 and CGE-style dovetail. Switching between the two saddle plates is as simple as moving the hand knobs into a separate set of holes. You can use an Advanced VX mount with virtually any optical tube within its weight limit. Compatible with Vixen format dovetails 100mm or longer, not compatible with Losmandy D format plates (regardless of plate manufacturer).
Celestron PWI Telescope Control Software
Your Ultimate Astronomy Software Suite
All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software suite provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modelling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications
Starry Night Software
Included with your purchase is a free download of Celestron’s Starry Night Special Edition Software. This advanced software by Simulation Curriculum offers detailed information about celestial objects and helps you plan your next observing or imaging session. The Special Edition software also allows you to control your telescope via computer.
- The most compact and portable of Celestron’s German equatorial mounts offers the same rigidity as our larger mounts with minimal flexure and an improved industrial design
- Holds a maximum instrument capacity of 30 lb
- Every feature an astroimager wants: PEC, an autoguider port, the ability to image across the meridian, and more
- Dual saddle plate is compatible with narrow CG-5 dovetails and wider CGE dovetail.
- Also compatible with Vixen format dovetails longer than 100mm, but not compatible with Losmandy D format plates.
- Latitude range allows the mount to perform between 7° and 77° latitude
|Instrument load capacity:
||30 lbs (13.6 kg)
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod):
||1118mm - 1626mm (44" – 64")
|Tripod Leg Diameter:
||50.8mm (2") Stainless Steel
|Latitude adjustment range:
||7° - 77°
|Mount Head Weight:
||17 lbs (7.71 kg)
||18 lbs (8.16 kg)
|Weight of Counterweights:
||1 x 12 lbs
||9 slew speeds - max speed 4°/second
||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
||EQ North and EQ South
||Dual saddle plates (CG-5 and CGE saddle)
|Number of Auxiliary Ports:
||3 AUX Ports (1 hand control and 2 AUX Ports for optional accessories)
||Yes, input on Hand Control
||12V DC 3.5A (tip positive)
||DC servo motors
||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align
|Periodic Error Correction:
|Computerized Hand Control:
||NexStar+ hand control with LCD display, 19 fiber-optic backlit LED buttons
||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
||Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software | SkyPortal App
|Total Kit Weight:
||47 lbs (21.31 kg)
||Advanced VX Equatorial Head | Tripod | Accessory Tray | 1 x 12 lbs counterweight | NexStar+ Hand Control | DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)
In the Box
- Celestron Advanced VX Equatorial Mount with Dual Saddle
- Car Battery DC Power Adapter
- 1 - 12 lb Counterweight
- Hand Controller
- Stainless steel Tripod
- Spreader bar with eyepiece storage rack
Warranty & Manuals