Lunt 100mm Universal Telescope Advanced Package
LS100MT Modular Telescope
The LS100MT joins the Lunt Solar Systems New Modular Telescope line up, allowing you to enjoy the full range of Astronomical Observation with only one telescope. At 100mm aperture, the LS100MT is big enough to impress in any configuration, while remaining easily transportable for use during the day or night-Enjoy, prominences, surface granulation, active regions and filaments all with a quality telescope that Lunt Solar Systems is known for providing. And with our doppler true tuning pressure system (standard with all of our Modular Telescopes) you can make super fine adjustments in your tuning to delve into the Sun and bring out the absolute best views!
SFPT– Internal Double Stack Module for LS100MT
Double stacking provides a truly enhanced, high definition view of the Sun’s surface details. Notably, it lowers the bandpass of the system from <0.7 Angstrom to <0.5 Angstrom, which really makes the surface “pop”! The Lunt LS100MT can be internally double-stacked with the SFPT unit
at the time of purchase or anytime thereafter. The LS100MT telescope will need not to be returned to the factory for double-stacking.
LS100MT Nighttime Telescope
But dont fret once the Sun Sets; simply remove your Hydrogen Alpha module, and dive into the expanse of the night sky. Simply use a standard star diagonal (optional accessory, available in packages) along with eyepiece of your choice, and let the Triplet ED APO Lens (FPL53) guide you across the milky way. With other options including White Light, Caclium K, and Terrestrial Applications, the LS100MT may never find its way back into its storage case!
The LS100MT is truly a one stop telescope experience; easily configured between Hydrogen Alpha, Night Time, Terrestrial Uses, White Light, and Calcium K in minutes, the LS100MT is sure to never leave your telescope line up. The 100MT at its base (Telescope Only) will provide you with an out of this world Hydrogen Alpha experience, allowing for a <.7 angstrom bandpass in its single stack configuration. With its double stack module installed(the DSII/SFPT unit), it will provide a <.5 angstrom bandpass and allow the Sun’s phenomena to virtually leap off its surface in 3D effect.
True Doppler Tuning
Importantly, True Doppler Tuning allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3-D like component to the viewing experience. To be sure, it has minimal effect on proms due to their location at the edge of the disk, but it does have an effect on filaments and likewise the active regions on the surface. Also while looking at a filament at the center of the Sun, the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip. In this way following the filament through it’s structure toward you and away from you. Amazingly, this allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. In addition the pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
- Telescope Type: Universal Day and Night
- Universal Capabilities: H-alpha, CaK, White Light, Lunar, Planetary, Deep Space, Terrestrial.
- Aperture: 100 mm
- Objective Type: Professional Grade APO Triplet
- Objective Material: FLP53
- Objective Coating: Ion Assist Broadband AR
- Focal Ratio: F/7
- Focal Length: 714 mm
- Focuser Options: Dual Speed Lunt Crayford, Dual Speed Rack and Pinion, or Dual Speed Feather Touch
- Mounting: CNC Mounting Rings and Vixen Style Dovetail
- Storage: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Fitted Foam
H-alphaEtalon Type: Modular
- Etalon Wavelength: 656.28 nm
- Etalon Bandpass: <0.65 Å Single Stack, <0.45 Å Double Stack
- Etalon Material: UV Grade Fused Silica
- Telescope Weight: 12.7lbs
- Etalon Tuning: Doppler True Barometric Pressure Tuning
- Doppler Shifting: Instant
- Blocking Filter Size: 12 mm, 18 mm, 34 mm, Diagonal and Straight Through
- Blocking Filter Bandpass: 6 Å
- Sun Finder: Red Dot Sun Finder Handle
- CaK* Filter Type: Rear Mount CaK Diagonal
- Filter Sizes: 12 mm, 18 mm, Diagonal and Straight Through
- Filter Wavelength: 393.4 nm
- Filter Bandpass: 2.2 Å
- White Light* Filter Type: Front Mount Film Filter, Rear Mount White Light Wedge
- Filter Bandpass: Broadband White Light. AR/UV Blocking
- Lunar, Planetary, Deep Space, Terrestrial: Converts to a conventional professional grade APO triplet for all your nighttime requirements. See optional equipment for additional specifications.
- Theoretical Max Magnification: 175 x
In the Box
- Lunt 100mm Universal Telescope
- B1800 Blocking Filter
- Lunt 18mm CaK Diagonal
- 2" Lunt White Light Wedge with 2" polarizer
- 1.25" Nighttime Star Diagonal
- 1.25" Diagonal for Terrestrial obs
- 2" to 1.25" Focuser adapter
- Lunt 7-21 Zoom Eyepiece
- New Red Dot finder handle/ring assembly
- 8" Vixen style dovetail
- Rack and Pinion Focuser
- Backing plate and Focuser assembly
Warranty & Manuals
Lunt 5-Year Warranty